Sodium phosphate and Calcium phosphate are for mineral supplementation
- Combines sodium phosphate and calcium phosphate in a single tablet.
- When prescribed by a healthcare professional S.P.C.P. is generally well tolerated at the recommended dose and may be prescribed with infants, children, pregnant and lactating women, and the elderly.
- The easy-to-swallow tablet can be halved or crushed to facilitate low-dose prescribing for infants and children.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Sodium phosphate - dibasic anhydrous 260mg
- (elemental sodium 84.2mg)
- Calcium phosphate 130mg
- (elemental calcium 50.4mg)
- each tablet contains lactose 80mg
Caution may be required in some patients due to sodium content. S.P.C.P. may interact with certain other medications your patients may be taking. Sodium may increase the risk of oedema associated with antihypertensive agents (calcium channel blockers, vasodilators), corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, oestrogens, liquorice and carbenoxolone Calcium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. S.P.C.P. should be administered at least 2 hours apart from tetracycline and quinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates and thyroid hormone