Strataderm Scar Therapy Gel 20g
Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent, silicone gel formulation for the treatment of both old and new scars as well as abnormal scar prevention, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm does not soak into the skin, rather it dries to form a very thin layer that is less than the thickness of a piece of paper or as if you stretch a piece of household clingfilm over your skin. This is why one tube of Strataderm goes a long way and usually lasts for a treatment of 90 days or more.
Polydimethylsiloxanes, siloxanes, alkylmethyl silicones
On first use of 5 g, 10 g and 20 g tubes remove the cap, cut the nozzle tip of the tube and close with the cap after use. Ensure that the scar is clean and dry. Apply a very thin layer of Strataderm to the scar and allow to dry. Strataderm should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your physician. For best results Strataderm should maintain continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week). When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3–4 minutes. If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a tissue and allow the drying process to continue. Once dry, Strataderm can be covered with sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
- For external use only.
- Strataderm should not be applied on third degree burns or to open wounds.
- Strataderm should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or the eyes.
- Strataderm should not be applied over other skin treatments without the advice of your physician.
- Strataderm may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
- For correct storage please reclose the tube tightly with the cap.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube.