With bioavailable magnesium glycinate for normal muscle health, energy production and electrolyte balance after exercise.
Features and benefits
- Available in two delicious flavours - Lemon-Lime Zing and Watermelon
- Features highly bioavailable magnesium glycinate with coconut water
- Contains essential minerals, B complex vitamins and amino acids
- Maintains muscle contraction function and relaxation, and neuromuscular function
- Supports normal cellular energy production
- Helps to restore the balance of electrolytes following exercise (balances the depletion of magnesium from sweating)
- Aids blood glucose metabolism
- Relieves symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Maintains bone health
When magnesium intake from the diet is deficient, Oriental Botanicals Magnesium Excel Powder Lemon-Lime Zing:
- Helps reduce the occurrence of mild muscle cramps and spasms
- Maintains physical stamina
- Reduces excess nervous energy and maintains healthy sleeping patterns
- Supports cardiovascular health
How it works?
The adult body contains approximately 25g of magnesium, with 60% found in the bones, 26% in the muscle and the remainder in soft tissue and body fluids. Magnesium is involved in many important biochemical processes in the body, such as muscle function, cellular energy production, blood glucose metabolism and nerve conduction.
Muscular health and magnesium
Magnesium and calcium levels are closely linked at a cellular level; magnesium aids muscle contraction and relaxation by influencing calcium metabolism in muscle cells. Muscular symptoms such as cramping, spasming, twitching and weakness can occur as a result of inadequate magnesium intake, as can disrupted sleep and restlessness.
Magnesium and exercise
Due to its water-soluble nature, magnesium may be lost via sweating during exercise. Increased intake of dietary magnesium can be helpful to compensate for this loss. Magnesium also supports stamina and endurance while exercising and contributes to maintaining energy levels when magnesium from the diet is inadequate.
Blood glucose balance
Magnesium plays an important biochemical role in the metabolism of blood glucose, alongside vitamin B1. It also contributes to the healthy functioning of the cardiovascular system when dietary intake is inadequate.
Magnesium relieves PMS
Common symptoms of PMS that magnesium relieves include mood changes, irritability and breast tenderness. In fact, women with PMS have been shown to have lower levels of magnesium in their serum than women without PMS.1
Highly bioavailable magnesium glycinate
Magnesium glycinate is a bioavailable and organic form of magnesium that’s highly stable, electrically neutral, and delivered as a complete compound to the intestines for easy absorption.
Easy to take
Magnesium Excel is naturally sweetened and available in two pleasant-tasting flavours, (Lemon-Lime Zing and Watermelon) and can be added to water, juice, smoothies or sports drinks and enjoyed immediately.
1. Moslehi M, Arab A, Shadnoush M, et al. The association between serum magnesium and premenstrual syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Biol Trace Elem Res 2019 doi: 10.1007/s12011-019-01672-z. [Epub ahead of print].
Each 5.5g serve contains:
Magnesium (as magnesium gluconate) 300mg
Plus nutrients: (Plus nutrients:)
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 125mg
Thiamine hydrochloride 25mg
equiv. to thiamine (vitamin B1) 19.7mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 5mg
Nicotinamide (vitamin B3) 25mg
Calcium pantothenate 25mg
equiv. to pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) 22.9mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride 25mg
equiv. to pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 20.6mg
Biotin 110 micrograms
Folic acid 148.1 micrograms
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 148 micrograms
L-carnitine (as levocarnitine hydrochloride) 100mg
Chromium (as chromium picolinate) 25 micrograms
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 24 micrograms
Zinc (as zinc glycinate) 12.5mg
Coconut water (Cocos nucifera) fruit juice 400mg, fresh equiv. 10g
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Natural lemon-lime flavour, naturally sweetened with thaumatin. No added artificial colours, flavours, yeast, gluten, wheat, dairy or animal products.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
Adults: Mix 5.5g (one scoop) once daily in water, juice, smoothie or sports drink and consume immediately.
Always read the Label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.