Betadine Antiseptic Ointment 10% 25g
Betadine Antiseptic Ointment is recommended for the treatment of common skin infections such as infected skin around the nails and tinea, as well as preventing infection in minor burns, cuts and abrasions.
It is a bacterial, sporicidal and fungicidal antiseptic.
Uses and Directions
- Minor Burns: Cool immediately in cold water for 10‐20 minutes. If red or blistered, cover with a non‐stick sterile dressing and see a doctor.
- Blisters: If a blister breaks, it is especially prone to infection. For this reason, treat an unbroken blister as you would one that is broken. Apply Betadine® Antiseptic Liquid or Ointment, next, cover with a nonstick dressing and secure in place with adhesive strapping or, if the blister is small, cover with a small adhesive dressing.
- Tinea (Athletes Foot): At the first sign of itching, reddening or peeling apply Betadine® Antiseptic Liquid or Ointment liberally. Repeat application 3 or 4 times a day.
- Paronychia (Infected skin around the nails): Paronychia is inflammation of the skinfolds around the nail. At the first sign of infection apply Betadine® Antiseptic Liquid or Ointment liberally to the affected area. Repeat application 3 or 4 times daily. Keep the affected area as dry as possible.
- Ringworm: is another name for tinea. The term is generally used when the infection is found on skin areas other than the feet. It should be treated exactly the same way as tinea however, if the affected area is on the head (tinea capitis) it might require special treatment, such as shaving. In this case, professional medical advice should be sought.
For external use only. If irritaion develops, discontinue use and consult a medical professional.