Convenient ready to drink solutions have the advantage that there is no error in mixing.
1 Litre and 250 mL bottle can last up to 1 month after opening in the refrigerator.
Hydralyte Ready to use Electrolyte solution is suitable for the entire family, including babies, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
When administering Hydralyte Ready to use Electrolyte solution to babies and infants, pour Hydralyte directly into a sterilised baby bottle or sippy cup. Alternatively, use a small dosage syringe to administer the solution directly into the mouth.
When to take:
- Hydralyte may be taken on the first signs of fluid loss due to vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Hydralyte may also be taken to help manage dehydration due to the loss of fluids through heavy sweating. This can be caused by a hot or dry environment, fever or strenuous exercise.
- Hydralyte helps to restore fluid lost as a result of the diuretic effect of alcohol and is best taken before you go to bed.
- Active ingredients:
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium citrate
- Citric acid
- Orange Flavour Specific:
- This product also contains: Purified water, orange colour (110), natural flavour, sucralose, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.
- Apple Blackcurrant Flavour Specific:
- This product also contains: Purified water, blackcurrant colour solution (122, 133), natural flavour, sucralose, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.
- Lemonade Flavour Specific:
- This product also contains: Purified water, natural flavour, sucralose, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.
- Strawberry Kiwi Flavour Specific:
- This product also contains: Purified water, strawberry kiwi colour solution (123,110), flavour, sucralose, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and tartrazine.
- Do not dilute
- Sip slowly
- Refrigerate after opening and discard after one month
Age in years Electrolyte Solution Dosage Maximum Daily Dosage
Under 12 months 100 mL every 90 mins 1000 mL
1–3 years 100 mL every 90 mins 1400 mL
3-6 years 100 mL every 60 mins 2000 mL
6-12 years 100 mL every 30 mins 2600 mL
Over 12 years 200 mL every 30 mins 4000 mL
- Seek medical advice if vomiting or diarrhoea persists for more than:
- 6 hours in infants under 6 months
- 12 hours in children under 3 years
- 24 hours in children aged 3–6 years
- 48 hours for adults and children aged over 6 years
- Store below 30°C
- 0.86 mg/mL potassium
- 1.06 mg/mL sodium
Be aware that dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies and children under 5 years old and in elderly people.