SCARmed is a rapidly drying, advanced Silicone gel formulation used for:
- Treatment of Scars both Old and New
- Softening and Flattening of raised scars
- Prevention and treatment of hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Relieve the itching, pain and discomfort of scars
The use of Topical Silicone Gel has been clinically proven to lighten, soften and flatten scars. Silicone gel is also widely recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons as a first line of treatment for many types of scars.
The benefits of SCARmed Silicone Gel:
- Rapidly drying, non-sticky formula
- Convenient and easy to use.
- Suitable for most parts of the skin including face and joints.
- Transparent, odourless and does not contain any fragrances or parabens.
- Allows cosmetics and sunscreen to be applied immediately after it has dried.
- Suitable for children and patients with larger scars such as burns or skin grafts.
- Suitable for use on infants, during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
How does SCARmed work?
Silicone gel has been used successfully in scar management for over 30 years. 
- SCARmed, when applied to a scar, allows the skin to breathe and remain hydrated. ¹
- SCARmed silicone gel reduces Trans-Epidermal water loss (TEWL) ¹ from scars.
- It assists with better hydration which helps to soften and flatten raised scars. ¹
- SCARmed silicone gel dries quickly and forms a clear, flexible water resistant barrier over the scar. ²
- SCARmed gel protects the scar from chemical and microbial invasions.
- SCARmed and silicone gel helps to normalise the production of collagen. By normalising collagen production, it starts softening and flattening scars over time. ¹
1) Mustoe TA. AesthPlastSurg 2008; 32:82-92
2) Fulton JE. DermatolSurg 1995; 947-951
How to use SCARmed Silicone Gel?
SCARmed gel is very simple to apply.
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry.
- Apply a very thin coat of SCARmed gel to the scar and rub it over the scar gently.
- Allow to dry over scar for 4-5 minutes. If the gel has not dried, remove the excess product.
- Apply SCARmed twice daily - in the morning and evening.
- Once dry, SCARmed can be covered by cosmetics or sunscreen.
How long to use?
SCARmed gel is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer to achieve the best possible results. Continued use of SCARmed is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
Does SCARmed Silicone Gel have side effects?
SCARmed contains Silicone gel, which is completely compatible with human biology. Silicone gel is transparent and does not contain any artificial fragrances or parabens.
Silicone gel is a topical treatment and is not absorbed, thereby it will not produce any systematic side effects and is unlikely to produce any local side effects.
- SCARmed should only be applied to clean, dry skin.
- SCARmed should not be applied to open or fresh wounds, placed in contact with mucous membranes or in the eyes.
- For external use only. Keep out of reach of children.
- SCARmed should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments.