NeilMed® Naspira® is our innovative, uniquely designed nasal-oral aspirator system that can be used as both a highly effective nasal-oral aspirator, and as a traditional bulb. Its unique design contains an in-line filter to protect you from accidental contact with mucus while performing nasal-oral aspiration. Filter replacement pack contains 30 disposable filters.
Key Features of Naspira Filters:
- BPA and Latex free
- Lead Free
- Prevents contamination risk
- High Quality
- Prevents contact with mucus
- 30 disposable filters
- Filter pore size varies from 0.15 sq.mm to 0.25 sq.mm
Please read Warning before using.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEE YOUR DOCTOR/HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.
- Tip is made of silicone and is soft to feel.
- Once way valve prevents any air go in to baby's nose from the care taker.
- Disposable filter will protect any liquid or mucus come towards the care taker's mouth.
- All clear material will allow for the easy inspection of the parts.
- Clear material will reduce the fungal growth typically seen in the dark opaque bulb syringes.
- The suction tip, clear plastic coupler, bulb, tubing and the mouth piece can be sterilized by first cleaning with liquid dish washing detergent soap and water followed by placing cleaned device parts in the boiling water for five minutes or by using a microwave disinfection protocol as provided below.
The tip can never enter the nasal cavity due to its size so baby cannot have any nasal injury.
Note: Filter is disposable and cannot be used once contaminated after the use. This makes it safe for all and please do not try to sterilize or wash.
Please read the warning prior to use. If you are using it for the first time, please make sure that you have assembled it properly as shown in the diagram and all the parts are intact and clean.
Directions for use:
Hold baby in an upright to semi upright position or well secured in the arms and make sure that baby is comfortable. Place tip of the bulb into baby's nostril and suck very gently through mouth piece. The very gentle suction is sufficient. This is similar to gentle suction one uses to drink through the straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouth piece is a one way valve and will not allow you to blow into baby's nose and avoid blowing into the mouth piece. This protects baby from getting any air from a parent. A few drops of saline solution in each nostril will help loosen thick mucus before using NeilMed's Oral Aspirator. The device is very effective and if there is any mucus in the nasal passage or nostril, it will come out very easily and get in the bulbous area during the suctioning. Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary. Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for baby?s and your safety.
Cleaning & Sterilization Instructions: Disassemble all components.
1. Pinch the opening of the tip with your thumb and index finger.
2. Now squeeze the bulb with your thumb and index finger of other hand so quick increase in air pressure will separate the parts.
3. Take apart remainder components by pulling apart the ends. Filter is sealed and need to be disposed off.
Wash all loose components with warm dish-washing liquid detergents followed by through rinsing with clean water. Shake off excess water.
To disinfect: choose one of three methods:
1. Boiling Disinfection: Place all components in boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow the water to cool completely before removing the components from the water. Shake off excess water. Allow all components to cool and air dry before reassembling. Use lint free towels to dry the outside of parts and allow it to air dry the inside of the components.
2. Microwave Disinfection: Clean all components with soap and water as mentioned above, shake off the excess water. Now place all components in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will disinfect all components. Please make sure all components are near dry before placing in the microwave.
3. In some countries, where available, use baby milk bottle disinfecting chemicals tablets or solution and use the same protocol.
Keep out of reach of babies and children. The product is intended to be used by adults only.